PDA

View Full Version : Very slow in refueling

02 Sun Voyager
01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Recently purchased a used 02 37ft Sun Voyager with 16K miles. I went to purchase gas recently while price was down. It had a 1/4 of a tank when I started. I had to continually trigger the nozzle or it would click off. I couldn't set it at the slowest notch. It took 15 minutes to fill the tank. I believe the gas tank holds 75 gal. Toward the end it was clicking off almost as soon as I would pull the trigger so I thought it was full, when I got in & checked the gauge it was still below full. Is this normal?? I also have a 27 ft Bigfoot & can set the trigger on fast fill & it won't click off until full & it holds 55 gal. Thanks Perry

sd1209
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Can't help you ref the MH issue, I have the MH in my sig and it fuels just fine...

However, I had a 47' Sabreline powerboat until recently and it had the same problem....Would constantly click off or spill fuel.....Found that the vent lines (had 3 tanks, all 3 had the same issue) were partially blocked...This caused the displaced air to be slow to leave the tank and it caused the shutoff or worse, back up of fuel that spilled fuel on the deck..

Replaced the vent lines and all was well after that...Just a thought and hope you find the problem ......

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
2006 GS Independence 8295 30', 3 slides, V-10

02 Sun Voyager
01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks, that a good thought. Perry

02 Sun Voyager
05-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Update!! The very 1st time I fueled this m-h back in Jan. I had trouble. We drove to AZ.& returned home & got gas several times, mainly at Costco & I never had the trouble again. It could have been a problem with the nozel on the original fuel up.

Koop
05-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the update. It's always good to hear how things worked out.

LogansPapa
08-28-2013, 02:40 AM
the tank sould hold about 85 gals. the gas pump was slow not your RV. Also if you don't angle the pump handle into your filler neck at the proper angel it will shut off if you pump to fast. 15 minutes to fill is about right, enjoy a cup of coffee while you wait.

LCAUFFIELD
12-13-2015, 11:09 AM
I have a 2009 GS tourmaster 45g, it has either side fueling. I loosen the fuel cap on the opposite side when refueling. It saves a lot of time.If you have one side refueling it it possible mud dobbers
have plugged up your vent tube or it may be pinched or kinked.

Lex Cauffield
[email protected]

GulfStream1
12-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear that your problems are solved. Our DP only has one place to fuel it and that is on the passenger side, but I at times fill where the big truckers fill up and those pumps will fill it up in five minutes or less. So it is no problem filling mine up.