PDA

View Full Version : Pass. side remote mirror inop.

02 Sun Voyager
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Another issue I have with our 02 Sun Voyager is the remote pass. side mirror doesn't work. This is controlled by a single sw. on the left side of the dash. The sw. controls both the L & R side depending which side you toggle the sw. The drv. side works fine. One fuse controls both mirrors so it's not a fuse issue. When the mirror heater sw. is on both mirrors get warm so i'm thinking this rules out a ground issue. I see no broken wire from under the dash, through eng. comp. into the mirrir head. I popped the sw. out of the dash & I get a 12V reading through the sw. I'm guessing it's a bad motor any other thoughts?? Also from what I've read you don't try & pull the mirror head apart because it will almost always break the mirror, anyone try this?? I may just use a stick to adjust it!!!

03heritagerider
01-30-2013, 06:11 AM

Welcome to the forum.

If the motor is bad, you should check with RV salvage dealers. I don't know where you are based, but there are several in Indiana, where most RV's are built. A lot of their inventory consists of new items purchased from the manufacturers at the end of a model year. You can probably pick up a new motor or an entire mirror assembly for a lot less than new. Check the internet as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results.