PDA

View Full Version : Changing tail light bulb on BT Cruiser

FloridaBill
02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Just bought a 2004 BT Cruiser, and noticed one of the tail lights is out. When I went to change the bulb, I can't see an easy way to get to the bulb to replace it.

Do you just push the entire fixture through the fiberglass rear bumper or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Bill

Hawk
03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
There isn't an access to the bulb itself as it is a sealed unit. You'll have to swap out the whole unit. This is easily done by pushing the 4" unit out and then disconnecting the plug/wire. It's an incandescent 4" seal unit and not expensive.

I elected to replace all four of mine with LED units which can be purchased in the automotive section of Wal-Mart. They again are 4" sealed LED Blazer p/n C542RTM. If you go this route with LEDs, you'll also have to replace the flasher unit under the dash. I went with Grote 13 Pin Electronic Lighting Control Module 44160.

The whole setup complete was around $165 with the flasher unit being the most expensive part. I believe each 4" LED sealed unit was around $15 each.

The results were amazing as the LEDs are much more noticeable and kind of updates the looks of the Cruiser. 8)

FloridaBill
03-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the answer. I'll definitely replace with the LEDs, and the LED ready flasher unit.

Bill

jk1142
06-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Looking for LED Tail Lights for my BT5230 Gulf Stream Camper