PDA

View Full Version : Slide out .coming in too far

pete beale
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Can somebody help please.When my new BT cruiser arrived the rear bedroom slide looked from the outside like the bottom of the slide was in too far and the top was not quite in enough. after using it for 3 weekends away It is getting worse it now looks like the bottom of the slideout is in an inch too far,with the top about ok.PLEASE HELP ,I cant take it back to the dealer as I have imported it to the UK.

mhowel
10-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Pete, We had an 05 BT Cruiser If the bottom was in to far,
the outside gasket and flange that goes around the slideout would have been bent at an angle and would look just plain ugly. Plus it would not be water tight either. Marv

GStream40
10-21-2006, 08:40 PM
I believe that you need to contact Gulf Stream Service and see what they recommend.

One inch too far at the bottom is a lot and that would cause damage to the seal frame.

Is there not a RV dealer that could look at it near where you live in the UK?

Ron

hpytravlr
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Pete,
We have a 2006 BT Cruiser and our slideouts were also coming in too far and loosened the outside wall panels along the bottom edges. We went to 4 Gulfstream dealers before the problems were corrected. Bottom line is the motor on the slide was pulling 50 amps and should only pull 30 amps. It was blowing the fuses. Also the slides should have stops on them to keep them from coming in too far. Please get this fixed before it pulls the outside wall loose. Ours was finally fixed under warranty and works fine now. Good luck with yours.
Penny
2006 BT Cruiser 5290

pete beale
10-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the advice folks,I just need to know were the stops are so we can adjust them. There is only one gulfstream dealer in the UK and he didnt want to know when we wanted a 3 slide BT with the diesel engine,so we bought direct from the factory through Long View RV.The rear slide broblem was noticed before shipping but we thought it would get better not worse!. We cannot really now go to the UK dealer for help as he has not made the $50,000 profit that all the US RV dealers are making on new USA imports(TRUE).In this country.We also have a power steering leak(now no fluid in it after 1800 mls).also the auto transmission sqeels when going into top gear.(any ideas). We will fix the problems and we will fall in love with this unit. All help and advice appreciated. Pete Beale (UK)

ALLIANCEAC
11-16-2006, 06:21 PM
IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL THREE SLIDE I WILL BET NONE OF THEM FIT SQUARE ATRUIM SLID IS HUNG BY BOTTOM BODY MOLDING AS IS THE DRIVERS SIDE FWD ONE. BEDROOM SLIDE GOES IN TO FAR AND BENDS OUT THE BOTTOM. ONE REASON FOR WATER LEAKES IN LWR COMPARTMENTS. REASON WHY I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF LEMON LAW SUIT HERE IN GA. DEALER COULD NOT FIX AND NEITHER COULD TWO GULFSTREAM TECHS SENT TO DEALER. [email protected] PS DEALER AND GULFSTREAM TECHS COULD NOT ADJUST SEEMS THEY DID NOT BUILD THEM IN SLIDOUT GOOD LUCK I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM TELL YOU TO BRING THAT ONE BACK TO THE FACTORY

pete beale
11-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Yes mine is exactly the same. Who do we contact at the factory to get the Info on adjustments ,Thats what we need to know?. I see HOLIDAY RAMBLER HAVE JUST STARTED MAKING B CLASS AUGUSTA.Lets see what the build quality is on this unit. I dont seem to get many coments about quality? is it I am unlucky ?Or are owners of GS RVs scared to knock them in case they cant sell them later! Mine LOOKS GREAT .But does need sorting.........