PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire

LabCab
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty sure on this one, (Since I recall it in prior posts). I recall there is no place for us to put a Spare Tire, correct?
Just wondering, besides being lucky, praying a lot, and making sure your tires are in great condition, is there any thing we can do to be proactive?

Texas TC
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Nope, when we hashed this out several years ago the consensus was there really is no good place to carry a spare tire on an International chassis. My backup position is and always has been to keep my Coachnet roadside assistance annual payments up to date. They will bring you a tire or tow you to a location to buy a tire and change it for you. In any case, you are responsible for the cost of the tire. But, you are not totally stranded unless you cannot get cell service. I am not sure I have enough lead left in my 64 year old pencil to break the lugs loose on those 22.5" tires nor do I carry a jack large enough to lift the coach.

There ya go. That is my backup position. And, with Coachnet, every vehicle you own is covered for roadside assistance. Pretty cheap peace of mind.

LabCab
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Well TC, I pretty much figured that was the solution. Keeping the Coach Net up is the best and only way. Was sort of hoping ther was another way out. This old boy's way past busting lug nuts as well. Thanks as always, you have the answers. Glad you keep in touch with the Forum.

Texas TC
02-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Like I said, as long as you have cell service. I had never had a cell issue for the 15 or so years I have carried a company or personal cell phone. That was until last summer in Colorado. There were several areas that I could not get Verizon or roaming service. That is not a good feeling at all. We love to travel to the mountains but I do get an eerie feeling when I look at the phone and see no service.

Gemini John
02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks TC. Good advise as always. I have the good sham coverage but I think I would like a second level of protection. I'm usually on a schedule when I travel, so the lost time means more than the dollars. Point well taken HJ