PDA

View Full Version : 19erd shower

circuitbreaker
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
My wife and I jus purchased a Visa 19erd and had a good weekend in it and love it. We did come across one concern or issue with the shower. We noticed the front third of the shower floor seems to have no support and the plastic floor has a lot of give to it. The back two thirds feels very solid with supports underneath. We are guessing it is due to the drain and plumbing in the front that there might not be room for support. Anybody else notice this or have any advice. Thank you.

philabele
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
You should be able to remove the screws to the access panel in front of the shower pan. Remove the panel and using a flashlight you can inspect the underside of the shower pan for adequate supports. Then you can decide if you need to do some reinforcing. You may be able to add supports through the access panel should that be necessary.

kim
08-29-2017, 12:20 PM
My wife and I jus purchased a Visa 19erd and had a good weekend in it and love it. We did come across one concern or issue with the shower. We noticed the front third of the shower floor seems to have no support and the plastic floor has a lot of give to it. The back two thirds feels very solid with supports underneath. We are guessing it is due to the drain and plumbing in the front that there might not be room for support. Anybody else notice this or have any advice. Thank you.
We have also noticed this on the shower stall and had concern. We were told it's fine, but that doesn't relieve the tiny bit of anxiety one experiences when they step forward and feel the give. If you get any additional insight, please stop back and let us know. We've had our ERD for over a year and have taken it on month long trips, showering daily, with no incident. Hope it holds out for the long haul, becuse we are realy enjoying our vintage ERD and the trailering life.