PDA

View Full Version : NO POWER

shotwhat
03-17-2013, 06:47 PM
finally got to go to the hunting camp since thanksgiving and when i got there last night i had no lights or AC. 1st thought crap freezer is going to stink but i had power to the fridge and to the external outlet on the back. i checked my breakers and the fridge cut off when i turne off the main and the one for fridge,but nothing else came on. i tried to charge the battery but its bad. does the ac and lights only work when the battery is good? my camper is hard wired into the power at hunting club not sure where to start. any help appreciated summer is on its way.

GStream40
03-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Do you have 50 amp or 30 service feed on your trailer?

If you have 50 amp, it is possible that one leg of the feed either has the breaker tripped or bad connection since it is hard wired.

Ron

shotwhat
03-18-2013, 06:43 AM
ron i have 30.

GStream40
03-18-2013, 09:13 AM
I would check ALL the breakers inside the trailer. Trip them off, make sure they go all the way to reset them, and then turn them all back on.

If that doesn't bring all your AC power back, then I would start with a meter to check where I have power in the breaker boxes and where I don't. It could be a bad breaker or a loose connection inside
the breaker/distribution box inside the trailer.

Ron

GIMPY51
03-24-2013, 04:10 AM
I agree with Ron. Your problem same as working on a house electical system. My only add is battery and inverter only for back-up. I dont even have 1 installed. soo 1 issue eliminated. happy hunting.

Timothy
03-25-2013, 08:46 PM
If you keep it plugged in all the time I would change out the coverter for one with a smart charger otherwise you'll boil the battery dry. There are also DC automotive type fuses for the lights, furnace, etc that are 12 volt.