PDA

View Full Version : Do I Have An Inverter

Jim_PEI
03-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I have a 2008 GS Independence Class A, and people keep telling me that I should have an inverter. Would be nice to be able to watch TV while on the road without electric or generator. No sign of one, or where I would switch it on/off.

03heritagerider
03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
There should be a panel (probably a lighted one). Mine is in the compartment above the steering wheel, but I've seen them in all kinds of locations. Mine has three rows of lights with buttons that say "Charge", "Invert" and "Power Share".

When parked without being plugged into power, I press the "Invert" button and the little green indicator light on the button illuminates. This then converts the battery(s) to provide 110 volt power to the TV, Microwave, plugs, etc.

How long the battery(s) last depends on what and how much you use. Turn on the microwave or the blow drier and you'll run out quickly. TV or LED lights will use little.

If you have one, your inverter should be in one of the exterior compartments. Mine is in the same one as the power cord.

Jim_PEI
03-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Had another look in the areas you suggested, and no sign of an inverter or a lighted panel. Must not have one unless there are other suggestions.