PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the hydraulic reservoir?

TheBobster
04-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I have a 2003 Yellowstone Quattro. We've been parked for the last 4 months and our levelers and hydraulic slide outs don't work. Checked the battery, and the safety switch under the drivers seat. When attempting to retract I can hear the hydraulic motor running, but nothing happens. It acts like there isn't enough fluid. So I want to check the hydraulic fluid level... but I can't locate exactly where the reservoir and motor are. It is described in the owners manual and suggest checking the fluid level in the reservoir.... but it doesn't tell me where to find the drive motor or reservoir. I've looked everywhere I thought it might be, but still haven't found its hiding place. Looking for any help I can get. Thanks... TheBobster

03heritagerider
04-21-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't know if there is more than one, but on mine, it is mounted inside of the engine compartment near the oil dipstick.

TheBobster
04-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks.... I found it! The previous owner built a box around it, probably to keep it from being damaged when putting things in the back storage bay. I had to take the box apart in order to reach the hydraulic unit itself. I've checked the fluid level and it is low. I am confident once I add fluid things should work. Then I'll be able to check for leaks and repair them to avoid the same problem in the future.
:)

Koop
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Be careful - the fluid always appears low when the jacks are extended (on Power Gear systems a fluid level sensor is how it detects jacks down).

nemo45
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't know if there is more than one, but on mine, it is mounted inside of the engine compartment near the oil dipstick.

This reservoir is for operation of the engine cooling fan. There is another reservoir for the slides and jacks. On my Tour Master it is in the compartment forward of the sewer compartment on the driver's side. Always fill it with the slides in and the jacks retracted.

neondon
05-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks, 2004 Friendship 41' pusher. We're also wondering what fluid we might need.

Frutza
05-23-2018, 06:36 PM
10w or Dexlll, don't mix the 2 Dexlll will be red