PDA

View Full Version : Rear Compartment Water Leak

CaptRon
06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
The outside compartment on the rear starboard side of our 19ERD leaks a small amount of water. I'm assuming rainwater since the last trip involved driving through some heavy showers. I had the dealer replace the sealing gasket but I still get some water in there. I think it's too far aft to be affected by the wheel well leaks reported elsewhere.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? Could water be coming in around the hatch trim somehow? or maybe the entry door trim? :?:

Thanks

06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Did you check under the TT ? On my 19ERD, there was NO caulking at all on the wall and floor joint (under the aluminium trim). I did seal everything when the TT was new and never had any leaks.

RinconVTR
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Are you certain the water is originating from the location you find it???

The floor is built as one solid peice, and the vinyl flooring is one peice. So water can easily travel around once it hits the floor.

The easiest area I have found water to come in is the fender skirts. You may want to comfirm the initial seal around the skirt is intact and not able to pull away. If it is, pull the whole skirt off, caulk the fender housing along the outside wall (where the water actually enters) then replace the skirt and caulk with a high quality RV urethane sealant.