PDA

View Full Version : TPO Roof

Snookmjt
07-30-2013, 09:32 PM
We are in the process of buying a 2006 Independence. I see the roof is "TPO". Any words here on maintenance requirements for that type roof? Have not had one before.

Tim

jpf
08-01-2013, 08:22 AM
at that age, depending to a great extent on the prevalent climate you will need to anticipate annual inspection and possibly maintenance, nothing drastic. An annual scrub and wash down gives me (at least) the opportunity to go over the roof with a critical eye. you might find some of the lap sealant cracking due to long exposure to the elements which will need to be scraped off and replaced. that's not a difficult task. the only thing to consider is that roof maintenance products can be specifically for TPO roofs (as opposed to EPDM) so buy the right stuff.

Snookmjt
08-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Thank you for the help.

Tim

sd1209
08-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I have the MH in my sig, also an Independence with TPO roof.....I have had no issues with it and it still looks new......I wash it with water and a very soft brush 2 times a year.....

One thing I did do is reseal the seams and around the antennae's, etc with Eternabond.....More proactive than anything else, was not having problems.....