PDA

View Full Version : No power from batteries - help

Jeppo
08-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Hi there,

We are enjoying our 2011 Visa 19RSD, and I am also enjoying fixing things here and there since it helps me to know more about the trailer and what it means to own one (this is our very first trailer). However, there is a problem with the batteries that I can't solve and I was hoping to have your help.

Here is the problem: someone decide to still my two original batteries (which were working fine) and I needed to replace them with the new ones. These new batteries were fully charged and excellent quality (they were given to me by the dealership where we bought the trailer). They are two 6-volt batteries. After replacing the batteries, the trailer does not receive power at all from them anymore. I have checked all fuses in the box underneath the fridge, as well as all cables and connection (I thought that the people stilling the batteries might have done some damages to some of the connections). When I connect the external power and when the trailer is connected to the car, the display indicating the charge of the battery (the same display that indicates the level of water in tanks) signals a full charge, when the power sources (car or outlet) are disconnect the signal is "zero charge".

Any help/suggestion/comment that may help to solve this issue is really appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeppo

08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Under the trailer in the front end, there is 1 auto reset braker (30 amps) on the battery line. This braker may be k-put. I would jump it to see if you have power at the panel and if so, just replace the defective braker. (It's less than $10).

Jeppo
08-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks Claude. Unfortunately I dont see any braker on the battery line. The cable gets into a metal box, which dies not have breakers, only wires tgat I checked and seem to be ok. The braker must be somewhere else if there is any. I looked all over the trailer underneith but dud not see any. There are two 30-amp brakers inside the trailer in the fuse box but they are good. So, midtery remsins to be solved unfortunately.

Jeppo

Ps: sorry for the typos. It is terrible to post with a cell.

08-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Did you check the battery voltage on the battery ?

Jeppo
08-07-2013, 11:02 AM
The battery voltage is the correct oneand batteries were full charged when delivered.

08-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Well, I think you will have to follow the 12+ volts feed wire (with a voltmeter) from the battery to the electrical pannel of your trailer to see what is wrong.

Jeppo
10-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Ok, here is the truth: apparently there was a relay broken under the front of the trailer in a spot impossible to see unless you know is there.