PDA

View Full Version : Leveler want stop running

Steve48
08-15-2013, 03:23 PM
My Auto Bigfoot leveler motor runs about 2/3 minutes after jacks are fully retracted before turning off.
This can't be good for the motors! Is there a switch somewhere I can replace.
Thanks,

RayChez1
08-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I have the control buttons on the left side on the wall, next to the drivers seat. You probably need a new on/off switch. I would agree with you that running the electric motor three more minutes is not good. It would be putting extra pressure on the shaft seals that is not necessary.

melmapop
08-26-2013, 08:19 AM
I agree with Ray, running the motor longer may not be good for it. I would check the fluid level of the hydraulic reservoir while your equipment is extended to ensure that it has plenty. If the fluid is low it may be running to build pressure that it can not obtain. See if it runs longer while extending your equipment vs retracting. Retracting may have fluid and shut down when complete while extending would push the fluid out and try to maintain pressure. I'd be interested to hear the solution. Good luck,
Steve

nemo45
08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
I agree with Ray, running the motor longer may not be good for it. I would check the fluid level of the hydraulic reservoir while your equipment is extended to ensure that it has plenty. If the fluid is low it may be running to build pressure that it can not obtain. See if it runs longer while extending your equipment vs retracting. Retracting may have fluid and shut down when complete while extending would push the fluid out and try to maintain pressure. I'd be interested to hear the solution. Good luck,
Steve
Don't fill the reservoir while everything is extended. I did and then had a bunch of hydraulic fluid on the driveway when I retracted everything. Well, at least I knew it was full when I was done.

Steve48
08-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Update - I e-mailed Gulfstream & Bigfoot, they both responded, the Tech from Bigfoot said the solenoids were sicking causing the run on. They recommend replacing them in pairs - one to retract & one to level for each Jack. They cost 32.00 each (times 8) and the good news --- it worked. It's was lots of fun replace them, working upside down in tight spot.
Thanks for the help.