PDA

View Full Version : INVERTER PROBLEM AND QUESTIONS

LabCab
11-01-2013, 09:42 PM
I noticed that the inverter in our 6362 SN was "loud" I never noticed it before. and it seemed to be "hot" to the touch.
I pulled the plug on the shore power and turned off the main switch.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas as to what it may be? I never noticed that the Inverted was loud or loud enough to notice it. I have noted it to be warm/hottish to the touch before. I do have all power in the rig before I shut it down. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

LabCab
11-03-2013, 06:27 PM
What ever it was, it rectified itself. Plugged in shore power, have had it on 2 days now checking it. Everything is fine
No noise, cool to the touch. Everything is working as it should.

Bugs
08-19-2016, 06:03 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

In our 6362, we started the generator yesterday while on the road and the generator caused a 15 amp breaker to throw losing power to the passenger side of the coach, the compartment over the driver where the satellite controller is located and caused the rear a/c unit to not function. When I attempt to reset the breaker, it caused one of the generator breakers to throw.

Ideas?

THenne1713
08-06-2017, 12:00 AM
I noticed that the inverter in our 6362 SN was "loud" I never noticed it before. and it seemed to be "hot" to the touch.
I pulled the plug on the shore power and turned off the main switch.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas as to what it may be? I never noticed that the Inverted was loud or loud enough to notice it. I have noted it to be warm/hottish to the touch before. I do have all power in the rig before I shut it down. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
(Know this is old but) You say "Inverter" but I suspect you mean "Converter/ charger", and high amp useage would be from the battery charger, I suspect. If you have shoreline and 120-volt generator, why would you need an Inverter? The C/C also has 120v distribution and circuit breakers, and is FED FROM the ATS, which gets it power from (EITHER) the generator or shoreline... Hope this helps...someone.