PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Conquest Super C 8.1 Kodiak

jeff.schnakenberg
12-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I bought the Conquest 6331 three years ago. I have seen only one other Conquest Super C in three years and I never seem to see any posts about them. I am curious, did Gulfstream just not make many of them or are they so good that no one needs to ask questions about theirs? Well I have a few questions....
1. :arrow: I can not get the AC to work on Generator power. Works fine on shore power. When generator (Generac 3600?) is running I can run everything but the AC. I would love to know what to do there. I spent $$$ to find out from the generator guy that he does not think its the generator and more $$$ from AC guy to find that he did not believe it was the AC. What else could it be?

vansteenburg
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I've got a Conquest also. I've got the Onan 4kY generator and runs the 13.5k BTU air conditioner just fine and have even run it on a 3.6kW portable Boily generator.

One thing you didn't describe is the generator "stalling" or slowing down significantly when you start the AC. Sometimes if we turn the AC off and then try to restart it too soon, the pressure in the AC system is too high for the generator to turn over the compressor, and can actually stall the generator. We just wait 10 minutes and it releases the pressure so it starts on the generator just fine.

Marry_09
04-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Nice post.

SHADYR
07-28-2014, 10:11 PM
I had a similar problem with a newly purchased (used) 2005 BT Touring Cruiser: the A/C would not work, even though the generator was running. Check 2 things: (1) flip and reset the circuit breaker on the generator, and (2) be sure the Battery Power switch is "on" before running the A/C. Hope this helps...
RS

jeff.schnakenberg
01-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Well, we still have the same problems and one new one. Now the generator will only run for ten minutes and then it shuts down. I had a guy suggest that I should let out some of the oil, as that model has vapor lock issues if the oil level is at its maximum. I never heard of such a thing, but he was a Generac technician. I will try that soon.

Another new problem. While traveling on the Alaska highway, the conditions on the road caused the wall on the passenger side of the cabin to separate from the floor. I can see through to the ground from inside the RV. Is that a simple matter of removing the trim at the bottom and screwing it back on?

jeff.schnakenberg
10-25-2015, 10:34 PM
I spoke with a Generac tech who simply asked what all I had done before. I told him what I had tried and he thought, then said... Do you have the oil level full to the line on dipstick? I said yes of course. He said try dropping the oil level just a little. I did and it works now. I also had to finally replace the AC when it went bad. Now it all works fine.