PDA

View Full Version : Map Light Bulb Replacement?

tarheel
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
My 07 Tourmaster has two map lights mounted beside the driver's and passenger's chairs. One of them is burned out and I can't determine how to get to the bulb. They operate by twisting the head to turn them on and off. I'm concerned about forcing the head off, but they don't appear to have any other way to get to the bulb. Has anyone had to change one and how did you get the head off?

Thanks,
Dick

Arthur Hayes
02-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Your post stired up my couriosty so I had to look at mine. I was able to remove the bulb by turning the back part of the light past the off position with just a little more effort then just turning off the light. The bulb just lays in there and by turning the light so that it is facing down it will drop into your hand.

Hope this helps.

tarheel
02-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks Art. If I hadn't heard from anyone, I was going to try twisting the head a little harder. Thanks again for your help!

tarheel
02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Ray, I got the bulb out and the filament looks good. I then discovered that the other side does not work either and that filament also looks good, so I guess I might have a fuse issue. I've been parked in Florida for 3 1/2 months and haven't noticed anything else not working. I'll go on the hunt for a fuse in the morning.

Chuck v
03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Tarheel,

Did you ever find your issue with the map lights? On my 40 C the dash dimmer must be up to the "cargo dome" position to have the map lights work properly -- it is the thumbwheel just to the right of the headlight switch...

Hope this is still relevant and of some help.

Chuck

tarheel
03-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Chuck-

Thanks for the information. I followed your tip and lights now work. Thanks again!!

Dick

Chuck v
03-09-2014, 08:52 PM
You are very welcome, Dick

The collected knowledge and experiences of all the members here make a far more complete "owner's manual" than anything I have seen published by GulfStream regarding these TourMaster coaches... We have to stick together :)

Chuck