PDA

View Full Version : Is hot water heater electric?

Tcijoe
04-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Have a 34' ultra supreme koala package. For the life of me I can not figure out how to get my hot water heater to run on electric.

I have looked everywhere for a switch or breaker....please help.

RayChez1
04-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Not sure what you have, but on my coach to turn on the water heater to electric, it has a switch with a red light that goes on when you turn it on. On my coach it is by the refrigerator under the cabinets. But some trailers I have seen where the switch is on the out side. You remove the side cover and there should be a switch there for electric or gas IF you have a system that runs on both. Some trailers have gas only.

Tcijoe
04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Mine is 34' class a, built in 2003 IIRC. I was under the impression that they were all electric and gas hot water heaters. For the life of me, I can not find the switch.

Dennis4809
04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Can you see the water heater to see if there are wires connecting to the heating element? If so, keep looking for the switch. Had a trailer once that had a switch in the bottom of a kitchen cabinet at the back side of the water heater.

Beaufort NC
04-19-2014, 06:10 PM
If you haven't found the switch yet, you might look under the galley sink. That's where ours is, and others have mentioned that spot as well.