PDA

View Full Version : Crescendo 8356

Beaufort NC
04-17-2014, 06:46 AM
We bought our 2006 Crescendo brand new. It's 8 years old now, with 68 k on it, so the wife and I decided that maybe it's time to trade.

I stopped at the Camping World in Garner, NC yesterday to pick up a couple of led bulbs, and while I was there, I decided to walk through their display coaches to see what might make me want to part with my hard earned money. The conclusion I came to is "not much."

There are some nice bells and whistles on the newer coaches, but unless one is ready to spend upwards of 300k, I really don't think there's much to get excited about out there. It looks like maybe the best thing to do it to do some upgrades and stick with it for another 8 years! 8) 8)

Chuck v
04-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Same here Pete...

I went to a local RV show last month to see what was "new" and there is just not that large a difference from the feature set on my 2007 TourMaster 40C to what I see on these new coaches that would justify spending that much money. The newer style shades (particularly at the windscreen) are pretty nice...but I am sure those can be added to my rig in place of the funky curtains at the front and the day/nite pleated ones used elsewhere. Lots of showers and closets are not even as good as the TM has now, and I have already upgraded the carpets, changed all TV sets to full HD and all my faucets to high arch residential units so the rig seems quite up to date at present. This coach is paid for and I am keeping it for now...don't need a cash outlay of several hundred thousand for so minimal a change and not much, if any, improvement.

Chuck

tarheel
04-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Same here Pete...

I went to a local RV show last month to see what was "new" and there is just not that large a difference from the feature set on my 2007 TourMaster 40C to what I see on these new coaches that would justify spending that much money. The newer style shades (particularly at the windscreen) are pretty nice...but I am sure those can be added to my rig in place of the funky curtains at the front and the day/nite pleated ones used elsewhere. Lots of showers and closets are not even as good as the TM has now, and I have already upgraded the carpets, changed all TV sets to full HD and all my faucets to high arch residential units so the rig seems quite up to date at present. This coach is paid for and I am keeping it for now...don't need a cash outlay of several hundred thousand for so minimal a change and not much, if any, improvement.

Chuck
Chuck-
I just ordered 14 new day/night roller shades for all of the windows on my Tourmaster (except the front curtain), the same type that came on my friends new coach. The total cost with tax and shipping was $1,532. If you want some information on them, send me a PM.

Dick

RayChez1
04-17-2014, 05:10 PM
If the coach and chassis are in good working condition, it is foolish to spend your money on another coach. Our Scenic Cruiser has been a very good coach through 60K miles. I do take good care of her with regular maintenance as needed. Keep her waxed with liquid Blue Coral and dry wash her with Solution. The paint still looks like the day I bought it eleven years ago. The Cat engine is actually just breaking in. So when I look at other coaches about the only thing that interests me is the length if we had gone full time. But since we decided to keep our stick house 38' is plenty.

moikey
07-14-2021, 03:26 PM
I'm looking at a 2006 on craigslist with 29000 miles - price is in the ballpark per nada guides. Can anyone tell me the size of the fridge? This is the model with the 2 slides. I just sold a 2014 Winnebago class C because we're thinking of full timing and the main complaints with the class C was the small (6.4 cu ft) fridge and small shower as I'm 6'2". The height was somewhat ok but it was cramped side to side.

Is there anything else I should be concerned with? I saw that the inverter is an option on this model. We prefer boondocking - don't know whether this particular unit has the inverter or if it would make a difference as we always ran our fridge on propane. Thanks for your help.

Mike