PDA

View Full Version : speedo is reading km????????

trickto322
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
We have a switch on the dash between the tac and the speedo which resets the tripometer and the manual says to hold it and it will switch from "K" to "M" (kilo to miles) however it never switches over. Any ideas? We don't do the metric system unless its a Pepsi bottle.:roll:
Adrian & Johnnie
CHUCKEY, TN (yahoo)

GStream40
11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
According to the Freightliner Dash Gauges Guide, a short push of the switch will toggle between the tripometer and odometer.

A long push/hold of the switch when in the tripometer mode will reset the tripometer.

It also states that a long hold of 3 seconds or more will toggle between miles and kilometers when in the odometer mode.

Hmmmmm... I have never tried to see if it works, but truthfully I never knew about it. But like you, I don't do metric. :)

Isn't it great to learn about things you never knew you had and probably will never use. 8)

Ron

RJ82much
11-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm currently trying to figure how to reset my "average mileage" on my WorkHorse. I'm pretty good at reseting "instantaneous mileage" - just come to a stop! Ha Ha Ha.... (Well it sounded funny to me!)