PDA

View Full Version : LOUD Water Pump

sshadle
05-27-2014, 07:32 PM
The water pump on our Visa RSD creates terrible vibration and is SO LOUD, hesitate to use it much in campground for fear of waking the neighbors at night. Anyone have suggestions with how to quiet it down?

The Boat
06-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Is it the pump itself or the water lines rattling when the pump is running?
My TT also makes noise but it is the water lines making the noise. especially the water lines under the sink. I have purchases some of those foam water pipe insulation tubes at Home Depot and plan to strategically install them between the pipes to reduce the noise. Haven't done it yet though. Too many other projects on my list.

RinconVTR
06-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Replace the inlet and outlet hoses at the pump with flexible vinyl hose, like you would find under your sink or toilet.

Also, unscrew the pump, remove the stupid carpet they placed under it to dampen noise, and screw directly to floor. The pump had built in dampening that needs a solid mount to work properly. Sounds odd I know, but trust me.

sshadle
06-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks, we will try these suggestions out.

jmbdrb
12-09-2014, 09:53 PM
We had that problem with our 2015 QBS and the dealership replaced the pump. She said she thinks that sometimes the pumps freeze before they are installed in the trailers and have internal problems. They are tested at the factories so they are sometimes shipped with some water in them. The new pump was much quieter, so it solved our problem.