PDA

View Full Version : AC issue on brand new 198BH (Conquest)

gsragtop
06-23-2014, 11:33 AM
So we purchased a brand be 2015 Gulf Stream conquest 198BH two weeks ago. This is my familys first RV,and we went new in part to avoid issues.. Took her camping this weekend for the first time, and ran into a huge issue.. The 8000 btu wall mounted AC unit is NOT up to the task of keeping the coach cool. It was in the 90's this weekend and we were in a full shade spot. Even after running all day (while we were out and about) we came home to a 80+ degree coach. I know the AC is working as I put a thermometer in the vent and the air is coming out at 60 degrees.. Its just to small I believe..

The dealer says to bring it in, although I don't know what they can do. Gulf Steam says there is nothing they can do when I called.. So am I the only one having this issue ??? Any ideas how to put in a higher btu unit (aka deeper) without it looking dumb?? Right now the unit is next to useless for us, and the high temps ruined our weekend (everyone was over heated and with out a place to cool down, that's a bad thing)..HELP !