PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Brake controller wiring

Big Mike 1929
07-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I have a 2004 GS 36 foot on freightliner chassis with Cat 330 power. Anyone know if there is built-in wiring from the dash to the seven wire plugin receptacle for a brake controller? I can not find any fuse that is labeled for trailer brakes. I have an enclosed trailer with two axle brakes and was hoping that Gulf Stream added wiring along with the seven and also the four pin receptacles at the trailer hitch. There are wires that would reach from California to New York so I hope that one or two of them say "Brake Controller".
July 21, 2014. Everything OK now. I found the bundle of wires labeled Trailer Brake way up under the dash. Now I wish that I had a wiring diagram so I could tell where the wires go. My controller has only four wires and the plug-in has five. Such is life.

spelsnic
09-06-2014, 09:52 AM
If you get this figured out, please let me know. Working on designing my trailer now and most likely will not purchase till next spring, but always like to be prepared. We have a 02 40' Friendship.

Steve

Big Mike 1929
09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
The wiring plug that I found has 5 wires. The fifth wire was for the back-up lights which my trailer did not have. I found the wiring guide by going to Freightliner on the WEB. Not sure what chassis you have.

Poor Not Lazy
06-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Did you get your trailer brake controller wiring figured out? I have the exact same RV and I’m about to do it

Frutza
07-01-2020, 09:26 AM
What part are trying find? My brake controller wiring was in the left console by the parking brake, others have said it's in the dash, labeled but hard to find. By the hitch I have a 7 pin & flat 4

Poor Not Lazy
07-01-2020, 03:51 PM
I was trying to find the brake controller harness. I only have a four pin in the rear. Some people say that if you dig further back you may find the blue wire for the brakes. I figure if I could find brake controller wiring that would give me hope that there was some wiring already ran from the front to the rear.