PDA

View Full Version : Jacks want retract

Steve48
08-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I got ready to leave KOA - one jack didn't retract. Tried everything - finally called Quadra/Bigfoot tech said it sounded like a pump motor was going bad.
So to leave, I had to unscrew the top hydraulic line to release fluid. As I unscrew the line, fluid started leaking out around threads. I just let it leak out for about a hour before the jack had raise enough for the motor to then finish retracting the jack. I guess the pressure/weight of coach had to be off before the motor would work.

Now that I'm home I will order and replace bad pump motor.

Dennis4809
08-12-2014, 10:40 PM
I had a similar experience a while back. Jacks wouldn't retract and pump wasn't running. With a little advice, I found a blown fuse in the left front compartment. Replaced fuse, jacks retracted.

Be careful removing or loosening a pressure line when under pressure. There's enough pressure to inject fluid right through your skin.

RayChez1
08-24-2014, 09:06 PM
All you have to do is press the emergency button on the panel and any jack that will not come up will come up then. I also have a Quadra leveler that will not retract with the control panel button. So I just press the emergency button and it retracts right away. Hope that helps.

The problem actually is a bad connection going to the ball valve at the jack. It is not pulling the valve back to release the pressure. It is hard to work on because you need special tools to get to the valve. But it can be fixed. I just decided to use the emergency button better. Getting up in age and crawling under the coach just does not seem like much fun anymore. LOL! :lol: