PDA

View Full Version : Tourmaster T40A Bedroom Engine Acess

tarheel
08-13-2014, 08:21 PM
I just had some engine work done and it first appeared that engine access from my bedroom was necessary. After I told them the king retractable bed frame was constructed over the access cover, they found a way to gain access from underneath. Has anyone with the T 40A had to have the engine access cover removed and if so, how was it done? It appears to me that the entire bed assembly would have to be removed to be able to open the access cover.

Arthur Hayes
08-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Like you I thought that the service people would have to access the engine frome above so I went and opened the hatch under the bed frame. It is not difficult to do but you do have to cut a piece of the thin trim wood. You will never see it when you are finished. I supported the bed with a 2/4/4 board and went to work. That was in early 2007. So far not one shop has had to go inside the coach to service the engine.

tarheel
08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks Art. That is what I was considering doing. Did you cut it an inch or two above the hatch cover?

Arthur Hayes
08-15-2014, 08:27 AM
You just made me get up ande walk back there to see where I made the cut. It is about 2 feet or more from the left side of the bed ( looking towards the head board )

tarheel
08-15-2014, 09:21 PM
You just made me get up ande walk back there to see where I made the cut. It is about 2 feet or more from the left side of the bed ( looking towards the head board )
Thanks Art.