PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a class A know what this switch is?

ryananddavina
09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
2003 GS Friendship 8408 - trying to figure out what in the wide world of sports this switch controls? Hot water electric? Any guesses? It is located on the side of the bar down the hallway across from the fridge.

GStream40
09-30-2014, 05:40 PM
It controls the Hot Water Tank to 110 volt Electric. Make sure it is NOT turned on unless the tank is full of water or it will burn out the heating element.

Ron

ryananddavina
09-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Awesome - glad to confirm my suspicions - also what is the best way to fill the tank if you are connected to city and then if you are not and using the fresh water tank? We are newbies and just got this coach a month ago and still trying to figure it all out!

Also looking for a booth to replace our table and chairs as well

RayChez1
09-30-2014, 11:11 PM
On my Scenic Cruiser you connect your water hose on the driver side of the coach, then you go to the passenger side and open the compartment where the manifold is located. You will see a ball wabco valve. That valve you turn it until it stops which is like a quarter turn and your tank will start filling up. When the tank is full you will see water coming out the overflow right under the manifold. After you fill it up, then turn the handle on the valve back until it stops which is about quarter turn so that you can have direct water flow from the park faucet into the coach.

I believe most of your high end Gulf Stream coaches are built pretty close in design. So I hope that helps you fill up your water tank.

About the switch that is pictured on the left side, I believe it is for the water heater if you want to use it on AC power. If you are dry camping then you use the propane and that has its own separate switch. Mine is on the wall under the kitchen cabinets. But I also wanted to mention that on the side of the bed box their is another switch similar to that one pictured which is the switch for the engine block heater. It comes in very handy when you are in cold country to start the engine with ease.

RayChez

Towboy
10-06-2014, 07:56 AM
My scenic cruiser has 2 of those 1 for hot water heater other for engine heater.

curlyjoe gulf 03
10-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Yep. These guys are right. It is your water heater switch. I leave my on when ever I am hooked to an electrical outlet although it doesn't seem to keep the water as hot as my wife likes it is hot enough for me when we need hotter we turn on the gas. Seems to save on the propane.