PDA

View Full Version : Seeing through the rear window?????

easywind
10-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Gentlemen and ladies,

I have just purchased a 92 Gulfstream ultra, 1992, 24 foot class c and immediately want to do 2 modifications so maybe I can get some help here. Question one) I can't see the road through the rear window, aside from a rear view camera is there some modification that can be done that will improve the view? I have seen a square in some windows that help with vision. I will be towing a toad. I know a rear view camera will do it but just want to get a sense of what's behind me as I have 2 mirrors. Question two) The drivers seat does not go back far enough for my tastes. there is a dinette behind the drivers seat and I would like to cut it down and if necessary cut a full size board to put in the dinette while parked.
Opinions, thoughts or help is greatly and humbly welcomed and thank you.

38Chevy454
10-01-2014, 10:47 PM
My Supernova has a rear view camera and it works as good or better than a rear view mirror. Broader viewing angle and it is looking right down at where your toad would be. That would be my suggestion, the window itself is so far back the view is too limited.

Can't say on the seat, you might be able to just mount the seat further back a few inches. Not sure how much interference with the dinette this would cause. You will just have to figure it out.

easywind
10-02-2014, 01:20 AM
I may go with a wireless rearview camera if such a beast is made. The motor home is only 24 feet so I'm 20 feet or less away from the window, not that great a distance, thanks

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 11:40 PM
There is a wireless camera, has a transmitter and receiver that need power and mine is connected to headlights at dash and HIGH running lights on back which has camera on all the time w/ headlights on. My monitor also has Option for 2nd camera input, so you can put one on side, or down low?