PDA

View Full Version : Driver & Passenger Windows

Chkysbak
01-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Ok, I admit this is petty but I wanted to ask anyway. The windows I have on the side of the MH are the slide horizontal type with a plastic locking mechanism to lock the window from moving forward. The screen and the window can be moved separately. My question is while I am traveling down the road this window vibrates any makes a noise. Granted it isn't loud, but it is close to my ears so its what I hear at the moment. Has anyone found a way to lower or eliminate the noise? I was thinking about using the soft side of a velcro strip and attached it to the locking mechanism to assist with the vibrating. The windows don't make that noise, or at least I can't hear it when they are open.

Any ideas?

luckyboy
09-04-2016, 11:20 PM
I have same problem but no big deal. What us a big deal is now the window is stuck open about an inch and it will not budge! Help!!

RayChez1
09-05-2016, 09:57 AM
We have the same type that slide horizontal, but the windows on our coach are tight and do not slide that easy. So we do not have the problem of the window working its way to an open position when traveling.

sdkid
09-21-2016, 12:57 PM
I need the latch for my 97 SunSport. Anyone know where to get them right off?

RayChez1
09-29-2016, 05:12 PM
You might try and call Gulf stream coach manufacturing plant in Nappanee, Indiana. Ask them who the vendor was for furnishing the windows to your motor home. Have the Vin number and they might be able to help.

Also this is a long shot, but the men that were in charge of the mechanized division with Gulf stream now have opened their own shops manufacturing their own brand of coaches called Nexus. They were let go when Gulf stream decided to close the class A line of coaches when the economy took a dump. They are Claude Donati and Dave Middleton. Maybe they still buy from the same vendor that used to sell to Gulf stream. It is a long shot, but their number is 18557863987.

Also Gulf stream still manufactures class C motor homes, they might use the same windows. That is why I said to give them a call and see if they still do.