PDA

View Full Version : New TT owner!! 2014 Innsbruck 198BH

AuroraKay
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
My husband and I just purchased our new TT. This is our first TT ever! We are excited and a bit worried with what we do not know. When we pick up the trailer in May, we will have the usual go through with the dealer about to work things.

-Is there anything that needs to be done before or after picking it up?
-Do I need to replace the 12v battery with two 6v as recommended by dealer? $500 to do so.
-It comes with one propane tank. Do I need an additional tank?
-Anything else that is important in the beginning?
-Does Good Sam membership work in Canada? I emailed them and they said no. But, there are GS chapters in Canada. ?????

We plan on traveling around in Canada for now. In the near future, we will be making the long haul to the Southern states from Canada with the kids.
Thanks in advance.. :roll:

atreis
02-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Check it out thoroughly before accepting delivery. In particular make sure there is no evidence of leaks (e.g. roof leaks), all seals and sealant looks good, including the roof, all appliances work, the plumbing doesn't leak (if possible - usually they're "winterized" which really means they've never had water put into the plumbing).

Battery: That depends on the type of camping you do. If you plan to dry camp (without electric hookup) for several days at a time, a pair of 220 amp-hour 6V batteries really help a lot. If you don't plan to do that, then it's probably not needed. (Solar panels can also help.)
Propane tank: Yes. I have an 11 lb tank that I carry as a spare. Many people carry a spare 20 lb tank.
GS in Canada: No clue. I'm not a GS member.

Other stuff: IMO: Take what's obvious (pots, bedding, etc...). Get the rest as you discover you want or need it.

And of course: Enjoy camping!