PDA

View Full Version : threaded sleeves for lug bolts to mount wheel covers

Flipman
05-07-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm looking for the threaded sleeves that screw on the lug bolts to secure the wheel covers to the wheels. These are on my 1998 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser with 22.5 wheels. I just put 6 new Toyo tires on, and during the dismounting process, the techs found that several of the sleeves were stripped out. Does anyone know of the part # or a website that has the exact ones?

Flipman
05-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Looks like these sleeves are called 'right hand stud extenders' and 'left hand stud extenders'. Jam nuts are what fits on the outside threads of them. I'm still looking for a way to order these online, through Gulfstream, or anywhere I can find them.

Towboy
05-22-2015, 06:55 AM
What chassis is it built on?

RayChez1
05-23-2015, 11:07 PM
You should be able to get them from the chassis builder whether it is Freightliner or Spartan shops, they would carry them.

Flipman
05-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the replies!
It is on a Spartan chassis, and I have found that Dicor supplied the wheel coverings and parts. I was planning on ordering them online, thru their catalog service, but it won't let me order everything I need, so a phone call is in order to get what I need.

I'm not real happy with the price for the parts ( $20.00 apiece for the stud extenders, $10.50 for jam nuts), but I'm tired of looking elsewhere, and want to get the wheel covers back on, so will bite the bullet and get them through Dicor!