PDA

View Full Version : Engine cover removal

Trapshooter
01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Hello to all. I have a 2004 Sunvoyger with a w-22 chassic. I would like to know how to open the doghouse cover inside the coach. I need to take it off to have the carpet repaired. Please help

coolchas11
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
We had a 2006 Sun Voyager and your doghouse cover may be the same. The Workhorse fuel ring recall necessitated getting the cover off. Under the rug edging (flap) around the cover are screws which need to be removed. As I recall there were about 8 of them. To complicate matters the cover carpeting was glued and that was more of a process than the engine work. The servicemen had to pull the carpet on the cover away from the carpeting on the floor. Screw removal was somewhat difficult since glue had gotten around them. Hopefully, this will help. Charlie

darbyjudy
01-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a 2004 Sunvoyager and the motor cover is held down with several screws. They are hidden under the carpet and a bitch to get at. I took it in to La Mesa for the AC to be worked on and they had to remove the cover and checking later I found they did not replace the screws. So I replaced them myself. One more reason I hate to take to the dealer.
I guess that was the cheapest way for Gulfstream to hold the cover down.