PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone has 5 Star rating!!!!

Timothy
01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
In Australia :P

http://www.spectrumrv.com.au/Class.aspx

Check out the prices!! Guess the import from the states adds a few bucks!

WE B RVN
01-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Tim & Cindy
I just checked out that web site and I'm simply at a loss for words over those prices.

Kevin & Cindy

justlizz
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I dont know the exchange rate for aussie dollar but I paid ?15000 which is about $25000 I think I know it is a large mark up but there are a few changes that have to be made for UK like electricity and a hand brake has to be fitted and new foam for the seats to fit in with UK standards and I know my van had to have back lights refitted as the ones it arrived with do not work in the UK
lizz

gator
01-08-2007, 09:11 PM
1 US Dollar = 1.28263 Australian Dollar

Timothy
01-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I dont know the exchange rate for aussie dollar but I paid ?15000 which is about $25000 I think I know it is a large mark up but there are a few changes that have to be made for UK like electricity and a hand brake has to be fitted and new foam for the seats to fit in with UK standards and I know my van had to have back lights refitted as the ones it arrived with do not work in the UK
lizz

Hi Lizz, OK youv'e got my curiosity aroused, Hand brake? And different foam for the seats? Why? And how does that hand brake work? How about posting some pictures of your rig........Tim

justlizz
01-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Its just a pull handle I will have to get under it for photos so when it stops raining Is would not hold the 5er its just for show as it is the regulations here as for foam some red tape and not British standard so they have to change it to BS
lizz

Timothy
01-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks Liz, no need to get wet! I think I understand now, the handle if more like a parking brake, correct?

I guess I'm still confused about the seat foam though, is the US version not flame retardant or something like that?

justlizz
01-19-2007, 04:06 AM
If we were importing for ourself the foam would be no trouble but because the dealer is selling it on it has to have a safety stamp that is British Standard and as it does not they have to change it
lizz