PDA

View Full Version : That FREAKIN" ABS Again!

LabCab
11-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Well, Our morning started up again! Our ABS gave up today on the way to vacation.
We had the Controller replaced at least 4 yrs ago. At least I thought it was fixed.
This time I had a SMELL of some sort in the area of the brakes Front & Rear. After I shut it down (when we got home) I turned it on again lites gone. Still smell is there. Any ideas? The Module was replaced by Navstar. Now it seems its back.
This is getting to be a real problem. Maybe we need to start a Class Action? Any Lawyers out there? There are enough folks upset over this. If It's not the Module any other ideas? Just sick over this crap.

BadX
11-08-2015, 07:31 AM
A response from my post on the subject. I haven't tried it yet .

I have the same issues with mine. I found this service bulletin. I have ordered the part but have not been able to test it out.
http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABC ... P-1376.pdf (http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/TP-1376.pdf)

Kirby Hoover
11-14-2015, 01:47 PM
I just purchased a 2004 Endura. The ABS light was on. Took it to GM dealer, he stated passenger side rear sensor was bad, it had melted into the drum assembly I guess. They are replacing it Monday. He states that will shut the light off. Hope that helps.

ScottJ6331
12-11-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm having the same issue - in the shop now -

xtream1
12-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Over the last 4 years, I have replaced 2 ABS sensors individually and now just had to replace the entire Power brake controller. It appears that the manufacturer (Meritor) placed the computer ECU, 2 accumulators, and both hydraulic pumps on one unit that is not individually serviceable. So, if only one pump goes out (or a ECU board, or 1 accumulator, etc) then the entire assembly needs to get replaced. Dealer part cost is $3300 plus 3.5 hours labor plus 1 hour diagnosis. With tax, shipping, etc, welcome to a $5k bill !!! Fortunately I got the part number and saved myself $1,000 in total but still way too expensive IMHO.

ScottJ6331
02-13-2016, 05:39 PM
new wabco module installed - going good for now!