PDA

View Full Version : Ownership history of coach

davidgs
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
I have a 1997 Gulf stream coach. I did a vin search on one site (not carfax) only to find that I have a 1997 unit built by Spartan. I already knew that. Has anyone done a successful VIN search to learn original owner, purchase date and all subsequent owners and transfer dates?

I would just like to know where the coach has "lived" in the previous 10 years.

David

davidgs
01-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, I did the Carfax search. It reported eight records. It was great because it confirmed what I had been told, including the mileage (which was one thing I was concerned about). However, the records only went back to a registration record for June 2001, not 1997 when the coach would have been originally registered. I then contacted Gulf Steam only to get a response advising that the information they have is proprietary information and they cannot release that. I was not asking for names, just when and where the coach was delivered. Anyone have any further experience on this issue?

David

2007 Kingsport
01-12-2007, 10:56 AM
It is possible (however unlikely) that the coach was delivered to a dealer in 1997 and then sat on the lot until finally sold in 2001 when your records start. That being said, I would look for more information on the original record that CARFAX reported (date, location, etc) and try doing a search in that locality.

floridafamilyof5
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
we had grat luck locating the original owner of our hummer...of all places thru the tag office...she gave us a print out of the previous owners name and stuff.
we contacted him..and found out we had navigation, and he sent us a box of black parts that he had changed to chrome, tshirts and a hat LOL

we also had it at the dealership...where they ran the vin and gave us a maintenance record of it...where we found out alot of stuff...like the fuel tank had been replaced etc.... things we would have never known!!! :shock: