PDA

View Full Version : Switch in cupboard

garandrew
02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Hi, I just bought a 2006 Sun Voyager - 30'. I'm just beginning to get to know the rig. There is a switch in a cupboard beside the sink counter. A red light comes on when the switch is turned on. Only works when shore power is connected. Anyone know what it is? Thanks

Dennis4809
02-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Electric water heater? Most are propane/electric, either or both.
Enjoy the rig,

garandrew
02-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to wait until spring to check this out as the rig is winterized. My previous rig didn't have the option of electric water heater. Can't wait til spring to get her on the road.

GulfStream1
02-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Yep! Dennis is correct, it is for electric water heater. Then there should be another switch on a panel that turns on the pilot on the water heater if you want it on propane. On my coach that is by the kitchen sink on the wall with switch to check the batteries, fresh water level, black and grey tank switch.

Flipman
02-12-2016, 01:45 PM
On my Scenic Cruiser, there is also a safety in lock switch that is located on the water heater accessed from the outside door! It has a pin lock through it to prevent the electric heater from working...safety device to prevent damage in case switch inside was accidentally thrown without water present in heater.