PDA

View Full Version : Satelite Internet Service

thall6225
06-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Need to obtain internet service, we have our motorhome on our recreational property where there is no internet coverage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Flipman
06-05-2016, 12:02 PM
I have a Kingdome on mine...it mounts permanently on the roof, out of the way! You can also get a portable setup that you put on the ground. You can buy these at various places, like Camping World, or on the Internet. You will have to get your service through a satellite company, like Dish or Direct tv.

AmeriLite21
06-05-2016, 04:28 PM
If you are talking about satellite internet service and not satellite TV, try HughesNet. We have HughesNet internet at home and really like it :D . It runs around $70 a month. I believe the also have mobile service. HughesNet does a lot of business internet.

RayChez1
06-05-2016, 10:20 PM
I used to have Hughes, but I did not like it. Very poor internet service and the dish is humungus. I got rid of it and just use the hot spot on my cell phone or my Galaxy note book. They work perfect for us, does not matter where we are camping. Or we just turn the Hot Spot on our smart phone and the wife uses her IPAD.

thall6225
07-09-2016, 07:17 AM
I apologize for the late response, thanks to all that replied. Our situation is this, first thing, the location of our property does not have wireless capabilities, no signal from any providers, so a hotspot from a smart phone will not work. The other piece to this is, we live outside the USA due to my job, we go to our property and use the RV on average, about 2 weeks out of the year. The RV came with the motostat Nomad 2 satellite system (2005) model, the info I have received is that this system is no longer compatible to DISH or Directv, unless there is an update to the receiver software I don't know about.

Anyone that has any ideas please share, all replies will be appreciated.