PDA

View Full Version : Amreilite 279BH

SEJ67
08-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Has anyone purchased an Gulfstream Amreilite 279BH.
Would like to know if anyone has had any problems.

gunrock1
04-30-2017, 10:52 PM
Thinking I might soon be an Amerilite 279BH owner--thought I would follow up on this thread to see if you pulled the trigger and how it's been for you? I'm normally a Forest River/Rockwood person; I've always had good luck with getting technical information from them and always seem to hear good things about their warranty service, BUT the Amerilite has a nice floorplan and Amerilite construction as a lower end model doesn't seem much different than the other brands and a good asking price. I have not heard much good with Gulfstream customer service, but I am chalking that up to you only usually hear about negative experiences and they appear to be a much smaller niche company, so it doesn't get talked about as much as Forest River...at least I am hoping, that's my biggest hold back right now. :-)

Thanks,
gunrock

HopFamily
06-30-2017, 07:40 AM
So, Gunrock1, did you purchase the 279BH??

We just picked ours up about three days ago and so far I haven't found anything I don't like about it.

However, it is the first one we have ever owned.

exjay
07-01-2017, 09:46 PM
HopFamily- Not the exact model I bought but some things I did/found before our first trip..

http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5638

gunrock1
08-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Hah wow people do exist on these forums, I ended up going with the 2017 268bh instead for the larger bathroom and slightly less weight. I do like it, but have had some minor issues; maybe one or two being big. Are you on Facebook? I posted a few of those issues there. Join RV Tips and search Hoppman for my posts. Also, here is a quick tip--make sure you don't have a slow leak on the fresh water drain valve. I noticed mine has been seeping and the floor is soft! I also had the bracket that holds the gray tank--it was slightly bent and some screws were broken. So far I like it, but go over EVERYTHING, twice maybe--every screw, bolt and caulk joint--just found a couple of lights that were missing caulk on one side, too.

gunrock1
08-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Oops quick replied to the wrong response, but anyway yeah good advice in the other post listed here. I might just post some of my issues here anyway, get this forum active and confirm from other Amerilite users some of my concerns.