PDA

View Full Version : Ameri Lite 238RK

mike71654
12-10-2016, 12:35 PM
We are in the process of buying a 2017 Ameri Lite 238RK but we cannot find much information on the quality of these units. Anyone own a Ameri Lite and have you had any issues?

Woodie
03-01-2017, 02:37 PM
I haven't found anything specific to this model or even the Ameri-lite lineup.

We put a deposit on one last week in Lakeville, MA, and hope to take delivery next month. I'll try to remember to post back with our experience.

exjay
03-01-2017, 07:13 PM
We have a Friendship which I believe is just a re-branded Amerilite for Gulfstream. Some things Ive noticed or had to fix (more for my comfort) before our first outing was: finding a few barely snug drain connections on the sinks/faucets, a few loose cabinet hinge screws (careful because they can easly strip out being light weight fiber pressed wood-material), Found and resealed a handful of potential water entry points around lights and hatches etc. Speaking of hatches, we have one that sits on end so it open up right to left and kept getting a water stain inside the storage area on the floor. Found unlike the conventionally mounted doors (lift up for access) this one never had a drain hole drilled in the bottom for water drainage so it was filling up the door frame and spilling inside. I drilled one and no issues since. I resealed around the tub and also had to adjust a couple cabinet keeper latches for better fit. So far no real suprises out camping just whatever camper you get makesure you seal exterior and roof up really good to avoid any future water damage.

218mb
10-25-2020, 05:08 PM
I bought a Gulfstream Ameri lite 218MB thirteen months ago. The trailer was a 2019 used 11 months supposedly used on one trip for two weeks. We have been on 13 trips with it in the past thirteen months. We have had no problems so far.