PDA

View Full Version : 16BHC air conditioner

mworley1
04-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Hello all I just found this forum. In the last month we bought our first trailer a ameri lite super lite 16bhc. couple issues I noticed.
1.) grey tank sensor was shorted out against black pipe under trailer causing constant 1/3 full reading, easy fix electrical tape and trimmed sensor stud to clear black gas pipe.
2.) AC blower wouldn't start. I had to take top cover off AC unit on roof and move fan blades by hand, it was bound up somehow works great now.
3.) most worrisome, whenever I switch on AC the compressor wont kick on. Even tried generator rated 30A, caused breakers to kick on generator. It's under warranty so I'm reluctant to dig into AC on roof.

The unit- trailer is brand new under warranty but I still am a bit concerned about AC.

We owned a popup years ago now that we're empty nest we bought the 16BHC. Perfect size for two of use.

Thank you for your input.

jol
04-21-2017, 08:49 AM
I would definitely take it back to dealer under warranty on A/C. The dealer we bought our Gulfstream product from had three A/C sitting next to shop that he said were replaced on new units.

mworley1
04-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Yes we've already discussed getting it serviced under warranty.

jol
04-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Good deal, it is the things like that are frustrating. Happy camping.

mworley1
06-08-2017, 06:47 AM
update:
AC compressor works well. After first camping trip it was test and cools quiet well.