PDA

View Full Version : Basement Drainge Techniques?

StephenH
05-17-2017, 02:55 AM
Is there any technique to get rid of pests in basement permanently? I am a professional plumber but i don't know how to counter this problem.

Chuck v
05-17-2017, 11:24 AM
I found your post a bit confusing -- are you having issues with mice in the basement compartments? What does that have to do with drainage (are you saying the drain opening is where they are coming in -- around the black water hose, for example...)?

I use a stainless steel scrubber (chore girl is one brand...) and stretch it out to use as flexible gasket to stuff in around my flex waste drain when connected up to a park sewer drain.

Quite a while ago I went through my coach and mouse-proofed all the holes I could find. Rigid foam insulation from a window caulking/weatherproofing aerosol does not expand and break things... Then I used expanded metal mesh in all the heat registers, fresh air entry to the dash AC, etc. There is a thread on this board that I will try to link to that has some pictures.

Found it -- in the thread here mixed in with lots of other little fixes... http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2249

Chuck

Dgears02
06-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Good resource Chuck, thanks!