PDA

View Full Version : SN 6331 questions

bhplumber
06-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Had our first night in the sn. We noticed a couple things we are not sure about. One is when we start the generator the awning retracts. Another is the fantastic fan only runs if the overhead lights are on. Is this normal?

BadX
06-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Had our first night in the sn. We noticed a couple things we are not sure about. One is when we start the generator the awning retracts. Another is the fantastic fan only runs if the overhead lights are on. Is this normal?

They don't work like that on ours.

bhplumber
06-11-2017, 09:47 PM
I thought it was kind of odd but not sure how to change it. We have to leave the light switch on by the step and flip the lights off at each fixture if we want the fan to run with the lights off.

As for the awning retracting when the genny starts also seems odd but it could be some safety thing I guess.

I may pull the switches out when I have time and see if I can rewire the light/fan. Not sure what to do about the awning tho.

SlimTim
06-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Hey bhplumber,

On my 6400 the awning controller is located in one of the forward passenger side lower compartments. I only say this because you may be able to look and see if it has a generator sensing wire attached to it. My awning controller is well labeled so you can easily see what each wire is for. Out of curiosity does the awning retract when on shore power, or only when you start the generator?

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Some electric awnings today have a wind protection feature that retracts them if they sense shaking; did you by chance have wind that day or have that protection feature? It is also possible that the 'blink" of switching power sources caused the retraction?

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 10:10 PM
I thought it was kind of odd but not sure how to change it. We have to leave the light switch on by the step and flip the lights off at each fixture if we want the fan to run with the lights off.

As for the awning retracting when the genny starts also seems odd but it could be some safety thing I guess.

I may pull the switches out when I have time and see if I can rewire the light/fan. Not sure what to do about the awning tho.

Find your book on your awning, or check online by brand/ model #

THenne1713
08-22-2017, 10:42 PM
One thought: How QUIET IS YOUR fantastic Fan? If very quiet, keep in mind that this is 12v, so if you forgot and left it ON, it could many times deplete the battery? Tied to the Light Switch is a good reminder/ safety to kill the fan. Just a thought?