PDA

View Full Version : Interior Decor or not?

ethomps1
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
When my hubby and I were still in the shopping for our new toy, we were in the 21MB Amerilite with the factory rep. I asked him who picked out the interior fabrics. He proudly pointed out that they hired designers for that. I asked him why, in a 21 foot trailer, they felt the need for two patterns that DIDN'T MATCH! :?: ! He was dumbfounded as I pointed out that the material on the bed didn't even coordinate with the material in the rest of the unit.

Then I pointed out all the beautiful woodwork in the camper. He was happy again. Until I pointed out the plastic doored medicine cabinet in the the bathroom above the beautiful wood vanity. He then told me that if we purchased this camper, he would provide a new medicine cabinet.

Which was delivered to the dealer and hubby should be installing that soon.

Any one else???

gsadmin
06-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I just want to create a caption contest for that photo!!!

hpytravlr
08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Has anyone attempted to remove and recover the valances on the windows? I would like to do this in my BT Cruiser.

I'm sure that everyone has different taste in fabric designs, but it seems to me that simple and classic would work better for most people - not a bunch of busy patterns.

I don't think the manufacturers always realize the importance of interior design. For a lot of people it can make or break a sale.

gsadmin
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I just want to create a caption contest for that photo!!!

Darn, hpytravlr cropped the photo!!! Bring back the old photo!!!

RJ82much
08-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Has anyone attempted to remove and recover the valances on the windows? I would like to do this in my BT Cruiser.

My dealer said he accessed our over-the-window valance by the removing screws up into the ceiling. One was direct, one was through an "l" bracket. I never saw the screws myself & don't know if yours would be the same.

Maggie
08-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I recovered the ones that was in my Class C with no problem.
I also plan to redo the ones in my BT. I plan to put thin oak
paneling where the material is at the top and take the cardboard
that is on the sides out. I think there will be enough material thats
covering the cardboard to just hang loose like a drape. That will cover the
cords for the shades. I hope it will work, if it doesn't I will just try
something else because I sure don't like them the way they are.