PDA

View Full Version : Backup camera recommendations?

Jhayesvt
08-28-2017, 07:34 AM
I took delivery of our Vista Cruiser 19 ERD on Saturday and the first drive home prompted me to move this up towards the top of my list. It is prewired for a camera in back and I think this will make me more comfortable both backing the trailer and highway driving. Any suggestions, positive or negative, on makes and models would be appreciated. Thanks.

John Hayes

bambam
08-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Any recommendations here?

Sudsy
08-03-2018, 07:18 AM
I just installed a camera system on a Rockwood that a friend bought. It was pre-wired but only for specific systems. He bought the system from the dealer at a very high price. Do some research. Go back to the dealer and see what they offer for a system. DON'T BUY IT THERE. Just get the system numbers and run it on the internet. The kit that he bought came with a fairing just for his camper. I suspect this came with the camper not the camera. The dealer had started to do the install but when asked they said the charge was $200 and he said he would do it himself. It was very easy. The hardest part was figuring out that the power was tapped off of the running lights so they had to be on for it to operate. Small 4 inch monitor that sat on dash. Too small IMHO

I don't remember the brand.

Sudsy

THenne1713
08-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Check Tadibrothers dot com or etrailer dot com, wireless video

PopPopK
08-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Vehicle-Cameras-Assistance-Waterproof/dp/B01HELE6AM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533777974&sr=8-3&keywords=podofo+wireless+backup+camera