PDA

View Full Version : What replacement shocks

Photobug17
08-29-2017, 12:53 PM
I own a 2008 Sunvoyager on a frieghtliner FRED chassis and am replacing the original shocks. I was hoping to get some suggestions on mfg. and type of shocks that some of you might have used and are satisfied with.

Thanks

Old Fat Guy
08-30-2017, 01:48 PM
I have a 2006 Sum Voyager on a Ford F-53 long wheelbase chassis. Two years ago I installed Koni FSD shocks all around and am very happy with the performance of these parts. Because I made other changes at the same time it's difficult to say how much of the improvement in the overall ride quality and handling can be attributed to the shocks but I did notice a huge improvement. I suspect a lot of the improvement is the result of determining and using the tire manufacturer's recommendation for air pressures. If you haven't done that I highly recommend it. It's one of the few free improvements you can make. Check your tire manufacturer's web site for the procedure to determine the correct pressure.

Photobug17
08-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, Koni is what I was considering. I am not having ride issues, other than a little more bounce when hitting bumps. Not a lot of miles on the old shocks, 32,000, but have weakened with age. I couldn't agree more with making sure your tire pressure is correct.