PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a 2018 Vista Cruiser 19erd

gihuff
09-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Have some issues with quality, love the layout as I find no other company making this rear dinette/ walk around queen in this length. Some stuff pretty cheesy but aren't most RV in this price range?;)

exjay
09-21-2017, 03:01 PM
Congrats! Yea, they all have their quality issues (some more than others) but the key to to find/detect issues asap so the dealer can take care of them in the warranty window. Double check all your plumbing fittings for tightness... you'll be surprised.

gihuff
09-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Yea problem is Dealer is 300 miles from me where I had to go to buy it.
Fortunately I work on my own stuff anyway and already had to strap down the fresh water tank, replace a screen clip missing on window among some other stuff

atreis
09-23-2017, 07:13 AM
You're really better off doing the work yourself anyway, especially for things like strapping down the water tank. That way it gets done the way you want it done.

exjay
09-24-2017, 07:50 PM
^ agreed unless its a major repair/expense. I live 1 mile from our delaer and have done several (minimal) repairs at home vs. setting up an appt and taking it there. I want to know whats done and how as a piece of mind.

McKannick
10-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Have read that Gulfstream (as a whole company) rates about an "8" out of 10 for customer satisfaction with the product , not necessarily the dealers
Our 2006 21' MBLE has major rainwater leak problems over the years. Everything still works, but will have to replace floor in restroom & by the exterior door. Knowing that the next one, if/when we go for yet another Ameri-lite http://www.superdealsrv.com/2018-Gulf-Stream-AmeriLite-188RB-Temple-GA/6268585 we will go over EVERY joint / seam of the roof / corners with Eternabond sealant tape where it can't be seen from the ground and DiCor lap sealant everywhere it can be seen.