PDA

View Full Version : Collapsed ductwork

Donkelly
09-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Good day! We're the new to us owners of a 2013 24 rbl. Have a problem with the bedroom register throwing a lot of heat yet the register in the dinning area and rear bath area not throwing any heat. So I removed the register cover off in dining area and with a mirror and flashlight saw that the duct had collapsed between the furnace and dinning area. The ducts are just lined with a tin foam linner. So the question is how to repair?
Thanks in advance!

exjay
09-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Ceiling or floor? anyway of fabricating a make shift tool in the shape of a -----| to get it in the and twist it to help open it up some? Is there any access at all to the duct work at all? Im not too familliar with this unit so just throwing ideas.

Donkelly
09-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Floor. I've tried shoving a tennis ball glued to a half inch pex pipe to open it up but there is just no glue left on the linner. Just re collapses when I pull the ball out.

atreis
09-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Could try pushing something in that would prop it open, like a drain cover that's the right size ...

McKannick
10-06-2017, 06:57 PM
How about a soup can or whatever is the right diameter with both ends cut out? Perhaps you could shove that in to the collapsed point to prop it open. Is anything laying on the ductwork that you can detect?

atreis
10-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Soup can's a good idea.

exjay
10-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Soup can's a good idea.

agreed! never would have thought of that, has very mininal obstruction with air flow too.