PDA

View Full Version : Slide Issue

ekomalley
09-23-2017, 05:11 PM
We have a 2004 model 6316. Our slide has stopped working. Battery's are fully charged. When pushing the button there is no sound even trying to slide. Is there a pump that operates the hydrolic slide? Nothing in the Owners manual. Thanks!

McKannick
10-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Some of those jokers require the parking brake to be set. Tried that yet? And if hydraulic, perhaps the engine has to be running to run that pump?

vansteenburg
10-17-2017, 09:06 AM
If the Parking brake is set, the first check I would do is make sure the levelers work first. That eliminates the hydraulic pump - the hydro pump runs BOTH slides & leveler jacks.

By the pump is a headlight relay. This controls the "interlock" between the P Brake and the slide motor. These fail as OPEN, so your slides won't work, but your leveling jacks do.

If you have voltage on 1 terminal but not any of the others, it's bad. Get a new 40A or greater headlight relay and replace. Just write the terminal numbers for each wire down or transfer one at a time. I've got a 50A on mine and it hasn't failed in 5 years.