PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova 6331 questions from newby

Automan
11-07-2017, 11:48 AM
I just bought an 2009 6331 and am seeking guidance on location of the "convertor" and how the dual fuel tanks function, like fuel gage gets it input form one or both and is fuel drawn form one or both equally Thanks for your help

bhplumber
11-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Congrats on your purchase. I'm still figuring me 08 6331 out so I'm not sure on location of the converter. I believe the fuel gauge reads both tanks as the level out.

DGator
11-07-2017, 07:37 PM
I have 2007 6331 with the 2nd fuel tank installed after purchase by Rechtien International , and as I understand the dual tank system both tanks are monitored for fuel level. The pick up is from the passenger side tank with the drivers side feeding into the passenger tank. So as the Service Manager told my always fill the driver side tank if you don't fill both. If you are referencing the "inverter" mine is located in the cabinet under the gas cooktop, remove the back panel of the cabinet and it should be on the floor. Hope this helps.

Automan
11-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Thank you so much DGator and bhplumber will check out inter the range as I figured it would be close to the circuit breaker and fuse panels and on the fuel tanks that seems logical I will keep you updated Living in the Canada where winter is upon us my familiarization with the rig may be at a slower pace than it would be in the warmer weather Thanks again

SlimTim
11-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Hello Automan,

The Supernova's draw fuel from the right side tank as stated earlier. The fuel level sending unit is also in the right side tank. The left tank will automatically transfer fuel over to the right tank when the fuel level is drawn down. If you watch the fuel gauge closely you will actually see the gauge go up when the transfer takes place.

In regards to filling just one tank, I'm not sure it matters. If I had the option I would fill the right tank as stated earlier. However I believe if the fuel is placed in the left tank it would just transfer to the right tank until the two were balanced.

I know when filling both tanks they seem to take about the same amount of fuel, so the balance system seems to work well.

I have a 6400 so its a bit different than your 6331 but please pm me if you have questions.

Tim

Automan
11-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Thanks Slim Tim Ive not had opportunity to drive it much, but on trip home from dealer, it used fuel for the tank on pax side , less than a quarter tank and nothing from the other side I topped off with fuel so both are now full and will watch it to see when the transfer started to take place thinking that will be sometime when more than a quarter is used

Automan
11-12-2017, 08:39 PM
DGator I found the Progressive Dynamics Intellipower 9160 power converter , it was on floor under the cooktop, and and is accessed by removing the coach dc and ac circuit breaker/fuse panels adjacent to it in the coach Thank you