PDA

View Full Version : Hotwater heater bypass, Conquest 6320

Trnelson
12-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Hello everybody:

Anyone out there know where the hotwater bypass is on a Conquest 6320 motorhome?

I have enclosed a pic of the water heater from the outside, but nothing looks obvious to me. I also looked under the sink and removed a panel under the sink, but still nothing.

Just returned last night from Packers game. It was 65F today - totally nuts for December 4th. Anyway, the cold is moving in and it will be in 20s later tonight/AM. I drained everything and dried the lines, but obviously for long term, I'd like to do it right with RV antifreeze.

Thanks everyone!

Leisure Time Larry
12-06-2017, 08:28 PM
The bypass valve(s) are on the plumbing side of the hot water tank, so not accessible from this outside panel, but about 2 ft inward of this.

I am not familiar with your unit, but here is what it looks like on mine. The hot water tank is encased in insulating foam. I have a single valve, shown in "Normal Flow".

https://s26.postimg.org/ipdtm4ccp/WP_20170312_007.jpg

Trnelson
12-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Hi Larry:

Ahhh! Yes, I've seen that. I believe that I saw that behind the panel I pulled off. I just didn't know what I was looking at. I'll have a closer look this weekend when it's a bit warmer, and see if I can send some antifreeze through the system.

Outstanding! Thanks!