PDA

View Full Version : hitch height?

steven C mettler
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
does anyone have a streamlite 30QBSS, I need to know the height of your hitch ball, either the height where it bolts to the WD hitch or the height from ground to top of ball. I need to buy a hitch bar [2" square piece with all the adjustments holes] and I don't want to get one not long enough. I emailed gulfstream and they told me it was 21" but that seems high to me. My receiver opening is from 10.5" to 12.5". Thank you for any help Steven

Timothy
03-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Steve and congrats on the new unit. I can't help you much with the hitch measurement though. Couldn't you just level your trailer and measure to the the top of the coupler and then calculate your hitch height?
Your WD hitch head may also add at least a couple of inches to the overall height.

steven C mettler
03-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I do not have trailer yet and dealer is 4 hours away. Salesman take forever to answer emails. So I was hoping someone has same trailer and can give me the height. Thank you Steven

Coolbreeze
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Steve,

21" actually seems even a little low to me. On a 30' trailer you have 15" tires so I could even imagine up to 24" from ground to the top of the ball.

Also I think you should be using a WD hitch and there are many shanks that would fit the range of heights. Call up either Reece or Equa-i-zer and they could guide you in the proper shank selection.

Mike