PDA

View Full Version : New water heater in an old travel trailer.

Fedfire37
03-20-2018, 05:14 PM
This may be a long shot but I need whatever help I can get. I have a 93 Gulfstream Innsbruck 32' TT that I'm fixing up as a hunting camper to leave on a lease (boondocking). The previous owner replaced the fridge with a 120VAC only fridge. I've yanked the furnace out since it wasn't working and plumbed in a Mr. Heater Big Buddy heater for heat. The original water heater is a Suburban propane and electric but NO direct spark ignition. I'm replacing the WH with a Suburban SW6DE which does have gas, electric, and direct spark ignition. I've purchased a Suburban switch which controls the electric and gas and has a light in the middle to tell if it's ignited. There's a red, blue, and green wire coming from the SW6DE. Can I use any of the wires from the old fridge or furnace to connect to any of the WH wires or the switch? The furnace had a blue and a white wire and the fridge had a purple and a white wire. I have very little knowlege of DC wiring and wiring up switches like that. It's the only thing holding me up. I can handle all of the plumbing, propane, and 120VAC hookups.